Sunday, October 25, 2009

Its important!

Im not exactly thinking straight at the moment. I don’t know if I am capable of writing 400 words, so bare with me. Here goes nothing though. I spent my day in the hospital, trying to get a cure. I have a 104 fever, and my head exploding feels like a possibility. It sucks being sick. But I guess everyone gets sick; it’s a natural thing in life. I heard once "Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stronger" I don’t know who said that or where I got it from, but it makes sense. I think we learn from our mistakes. It seems one thing leads to another, which leads to something else. Everything happens for a reason. I defiantly do not think our lives are meaningless. Not in the least bit. Life is important!
I <3 Huckabees was a weird movie. I am not sure weather to say I like it or I didn’t. That movie had some very interesting characters, one that were ALL different. But all connected. Because like Bernard I believe that “Everything is the same, even if it’s different.” The idea of the blanket was a good way to explain that concept. We may not even realize it sometimes but people make choices that affect all of us. I think about it a lot. In an after school program I did. There was a kid names Luke, whose father worked in the world trade centers. On September 11, 2001 Luke did not get up when his alarm went off. His dad made me hurry which wasn’t enough, because Luke was still late for school. And is father was late for work. And his father missed the attack. I can’t imagine what something like that feels like. But it just goes to show that everything happens for a reason. Luke getting up late prevented his father from being in the building. These things happen everyday all the time. Therefore I don’t believe that any part of our lives is meaningless.
All the characters in I <3 Huckbees were very over the top in my opinion. I share similarities with all of them. I know we didn’t get to see a lot of this character but I think I am most like Tommy’s girlfriend. Because she has a balance I think. She accepts things for how they are. And is not persuaded to far by anyone point of view. At this point it is exactly 400 words, which was the goal. That’s all I can do for now. But when my mind is set I will come back and write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment